There is a seemingly never-ending supply of delicious recipes in a Cooking Light Annual Cookbook, and I have two of them. Why is it that I get stuck rotating the same 10-15 basic meals over and over again. This week I decided that it was time to get a little more variety in our diet. I pulled down the 2004 edition, and in no time, found more recipes that I wanted to try than I had nights in the week to cook. Here is one of the recipes that I tried out. It was absolutely fabulous. So flavorful, fresh and tasty!!! It was so good that I thought that I would share it with you too!
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb. flank steak (or you can use the "carne asada" type thin sliced steak)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill (dry dill is OK, just use less of it)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- cucumber (I found some cute/tasty little Mediterranean cucumbers at Traders Joe's)
- crumbled feta cheese
No mater which kind of meat you decide to use, it will be delicious. Just be sure that you make plenty. I know I wished that I had had enough to go back for seconds!